Cleaning your sump pump pit is an important task that too many homeowners neglect. This can lead to costly water damage, so it’s important to take a few minutes and clean it out regularly.
All you need to clean your sump pump pit is a bucket, some dish soap and water, and a few minutes of your time. Follow these simple steps and your pet will be clean in no time!
1. Begin by removing any debris that has accumulated in the pit. This can be done with a shovel or simply by scooping it out with your hands.
2. Once the debris is removed, mix up a solution of dish soap and water in a bucket.
3. Use a sponge or brush to scrub the inside of the pit with the soapy solution.
4. Rinse the pit out with clean water to remove any soap residue.
5. Allow the pit to dry completely before replacing the cover.
That’s it! Just five simple steps and your sump pump pit will be clean and ready to do its job! Be sure to repeat this process every few months to keep your pit clean and your home safe from water damage.